axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Arkady Kasianski" <Ari...@Amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Axis and Beehive initiative
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:04:57 GMT

Thanks Davanum,

I am still a bit confused ... You wrote thar only intersection between
Axis and Beehive is JSR 181. So, it means Beehive does not contain
entire web services engine.

As I understand they want to deliver parts of workshop
runtime+generators which knows how to generate web services from java
code with annotation ...

According to my understanding it will be sufficient to take only Beehive
as web services infrastructure (it will contain support for ws-sec,
ws-reliable messaging, ws-addresing  etc.)... This implementation is
cross-container (like Axis) ... Am I correct ?

Or .. you consider that single thing they deliver is implementation of
JSR 181 - Metadata for Web services, which eventually should be
plugged-into any web services implementation (say, Axis for example).

So, we can stay with Axis and continue to develop web services as we do
it  today. Additionaly we will be able add new Beehive component to Axis
and use annotation directly into java code with no wsdd involved. Am I
correct ?

Thanks in advance

-AK