axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology" <Nikki.Rog...@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject Can you recommend a non-java SOAP client toolkit?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:01:40 GMT
Hi

We have produced (for a semantic web project) a prototype thesaurus web
service. It's written in java and uses Axis. We have written sample java
clients with which to test the service. We're finalising and testing the
service. The source code will become freely available by the Autumn.

But, in the interests of demonstrating interoperability in a
language-neutral context I'd like to find a non-java (esp. python, or,
failing that perl) client with which to test the service. Before I go
googling etc. can anyone recommend one? We have a commitment to opensource
& the most desirable client software would be able (as Axis can) to handle
the de/serialisation of complex objects in our WSDL automatically. Perhaps
I ask a lot :-)

Thanks
Nikki
NJ Rogers, Technical Researcher
(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
Email:nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)117 9287096 (Direct)
Tel: +44(0)117 9287193 (Office)