axis-java-user mailing list archives

From karim <k.yahi...@clipack.com>
Subject Re: Only Default Construktor?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:15:23 GMT
rosmi@gmx.de wrote:

>Hello,
>
>e.g., I have a class MyService.java. This class have two constructors - a
>default one and one with some parameters. Suppose, we want to publish this
>class as a WS. The question is - is it allowed in this case to have not only
>default constructor? The question is because I couldn't find any
>operation-element in .wsdl-file for MyService (if it is with only default
>constructor) like MyService().
>
>So, you can publish only methods from one classe as WS, but not its
>constructors?
>

>If it is not allowed to have other constructors except the default one, so a
>work arond could be a method init(), am I right?
>
>regards,
>
>Roman

I'm quite new to Axis but I think that the default constructor is always
called (more or less times, depending on the scope value).

You are allowed to have other constructors than the default constructor
but I think that you must also create a method like the
init(parameters...) method if you want to have the same behaviour.

Maybe there is a solution to call a constructor but I don't know it and
I had to use the init method.