axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: Populate WSDL2Java object from XML file.
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:56:34 GMT
Jasen,

Typically, if the applications involved are working with and XML DOM, then
you probably want to use the messaging interface. But there is an
alternative.

You might consider using JAXB, JaxMe, Castor, JiBX, or another XML/Object
binding framework to map your XML document to the WSDL2Java created object.

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: jasenj1@mitre.org [mailto:jasenj1@mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 8:58 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Populate WSDL2Java object from XML file.

Hmmm... That's not QUITE what I was looking for, but it may work.  Rather
than populate the WSDL2Java created object, just stuff the XML document in
the SOAP body and punt.  I need to change a few of the values in the
document, but I can do that via DOM calls.

And just to clarify, this IS the client side I'm trying to do this on.  The
client needs to populate the object to be used in the call to the server.
In this instance it is convenient to have an XML document read in by the
client due to the relatively static nature of the data.

Thanks.

It still seems the deserializers created by WSDL2Java should be useful other
than by the Axis server - or wherever they get used now.

- Jasen.

P.S.  I see someone else just posted the same question.  If anyone really
knows how to do this the "right" way, I suggest a Wiki contribution.