axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nils-Helge Garli" <nil...@operamail.com>
Subject Dynamic client/WSDL problems
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:55:03 GMT
Hi!

I have a problem trying to access a .NET web service with the Axis (1.2 beta) dynamic proxy
client. The QNames of the WSDL are parsed incorrectly. For instance, parsing this part (from
the WSDL file):

<s:element name="GetDepartmentPhoneList">
  <s:complexType>
    <s:sequence>
      <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="departmentId"
type="s:int"/>
   </s:sequence>
  </s:complexType>
</s:element>

results in a qname like:

{http://www.myns.com}>GetDepartmentPhoneList>departmentId, and when this is serialized
in the call, the resulting xml is

<>GetDepartmentPhoneList>departmentId>1</>GetDepartmentPhoneList>departmentId>

which of course results in a "bad request" from the service. So the local part of QName is
in fact interpreted as '>GetDepartmentPhoneList>departmentId' which is wrong. Using
WSDL2Java and generating the classes, I see that the generated stub uses the QName {http://www.myns.com}departmentId,
which is correct.

How come the generated classes and the dynamic proxy generated WSDL are different? Are there
some options/settings I can use to prevent this from
happening?

Thank you.

Sincererly,

Nils-Helge Garli