axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis and Beehive initiative
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:29:25 GMT
Arkady,

Please read the Proposal yourself -
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BeehiveProposal

The only intersection is a JSR 181 Implementation and the Beehive
folks want to create a new implementation of JSR 181 that will work
with Axis.

-- dims

----- Original Message -----
From: Arkady Kasianski <arikka@amdocs.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:23:15 +0300
Subject: Axis and Beehive initiative
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org

BEA propose
Beehive project as open-source project based on Workshop Application
Framework.  As I undestand it will part of Apache project and will be
released under Apache Lisence. Beehive contains along with controls, java
page flow and other component Java SOAP processor and integrated
metada-driven programming model for Web services.

How does this BEA
initiative jeopardize Axis project ? Does anybody compare these two
implementaion ?

Once both
open-sources under the same license why my organization should use Axis or
Beehive as web services foundation ?

Thanks

Thank you.