axis-java-user mailing list archives

From NY...@aol.com
Subject Important?! org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:51:48 GMT
Hello,

I am fairly new to Axis. I have been developing a web service for three
weeks and have been running into many many problems. I currently generate the
following errors when I run the client for my deployed service (Assume all other
previous steps done correctly):

AxisFault
faultCode:  {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultString:  org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter
'report&apo
s;:  could not find deserializer for type
{http://localhost:8080/axis/services/R
eportHandlerServicePort}>report
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
faultCode:  {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultString:  org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter
'report
':  could not find deserializer for  type
{http://localhost:8080/axis/se
rvices/ReportHandlerServicePort}>report

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Deserializing parameter 'report':  could not  find
dese
rializer for type
{http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort}

Since research on the net has sent me in the direction of investigating my
type mapping, here is the contents of my Deployment Descriptor.

<deployment
xmlns="_http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/_ (http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/) "
xmlns:java="_http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java_
(http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java) ">

  <!-- Services from ReportHandlerService WSDL service -->

  <service name="ReportHandlerServicePort" provider="java:RPC"
style="document" use="literal">
<parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="_http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort"/_
(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort"/) >
<parameter name="wsdlServiceElement"  value="ReportHandlerService"/>
<parameter name="wsdlServicePort"  value="ReportHandlerServicePort"/>
<parameter name="className"
value="localhost.axis.services.ReportHandlerServicePort.SampleDirectBindingSkeleton"/>
<parameter name="wsdlPortType"  value="ReportHandler"/>
<parameter  name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>

       <typeMapping
xmlns:ns="_http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort_
(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort) "
qname="ns:reports"
type="java:localhost.axis.services.ReportHandlerServicePort._reports"
encodingStyle=""
/>
<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="_http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort_
(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort) "
qname="ns:response"
type="java:localhost.axis.services.ReportHandlerServicePort._response"
encodingStyle=""
/>
<typeMapping
xmlns:ns="_http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort_
(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ReportHandlerServicePort) "
qname="ns:report"
type="java:localhost.axis.services.ReportHandlerServicePort._report"
encodingStyle=""
/>
</service>
</deployment>
The net's full of people with the same problem but not so full of answers.
Could anybody help me out here? the "report" which it cannot find is a javabean
 which was defined in an XML Document of simple data types and referenced in
my  WSDL's successfully.

James Crosson