axis-java-user mailing list archives

From smcar...@spansurf.com
Subject German characters cause problems for AxisServlet
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:51:12 GMT
Hi All,

OK, I have a WSDL file that contains German characters such as ö ä ü and ß. If
I open the wsdl in internet explorer it displays the wsdl correctly including
all german characters.

If I access the wsdl file using
same
version of Internet explorer I get the following error at the first special
German characted encountered

e.g.

========================================== Encases IE FAULT =============
The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing
resource 'http://localhost:3080/onlineShop/services/onlineShopSoapPort?wsdl'.
Line 592, Position 33

     <enumeration value="Reisepa

us="h()" class="b">- <complexType name="ArrayOf_tns3_SimTypesS">
<DIV

===================================== End IE FAULT =====================

The value element contains the german character ß or "strong S - SS". This is
the first occurence of a special german character in the wsdl.

ALSO

When I execute the web service any german special characters in my test data
are transformed into characters from a different characte set

e.g.

My test message in UTF-8 format is :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
	<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-
ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
			   xmlns:SOAP-
ENC='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'
			   xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
instance'
			   xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
	<ns0:getHardwareCatalog xmlns:ns0='urn:OnlineShop' SOAP-
ENV:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
		<arg0 xsi:type='xsd:int'>7</arg0>
		<arg1 xsi:type='xsd:string'>NewCustomerWebshopPostpaid</arg1>
		<arg2 xsi:type='bean:ProductListS'
xmlns:bean='http://requests.soap.valueobject.onlineshop.ecrm.germany.o2.com' >
			<category xsi:type='xsd:string'>Zubehör</category>
		</arg2>
	</ns0:getHardwareCatalog>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

However it display in TCPMON as:

[...]

Notice the category element content containg the special german characted has
now changes to 2 characters ö

This is now causing me serious problems and any idea about why Axis is doing
this to my characted encodings would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steve