axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gustavo De Simone" <gusd...@montevideo.com.uy>
Subject Re: How to create more 2 portType
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:21:37 GMT
Thank you Anne...

That exactly book is already coming to home... (your recommendation makes me really happy,
since I ve done a good choice)

Thank you again..
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Anne Thomas Manes
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 3:55 PM
  Subject: RE: How to create more 2 portType

  I'll let someone else answer the question as to whether Axis allows you to define more than
one portType in the same WSDL.

  WSDL 1.1 says that you can.

  WS-I Basic Profile says that you can.

  WSDL 2.0 says that you cannot - only one interface (the WSDL 2.0 name for portType) per
service.

  Hence my recommendation is that you shouldn't.

  Second question:

  I found these tutorials using a Google search:

  http://www.troobloo.com/tech/uddi.shtml

  I also suggest that you read the "Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry" technical note.

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/tn/uddi-spec-tc-tn-wsdl-v200-20031104.htm

  It gives you a good conceptual overview of how the WSDL information should map to UDDI entries.

  And I recommend Richard Monson-Haefel's book, "J2EE Web Services"

  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321146182/qid=1087757558/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-2783866-7244801

  It discusses UDDI from the JAXR point of view, but it's still a very nice overview.

  Anne