axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dhanush Gopinath" <dhan...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject Re: DO you need to regenreate WSDLs everytime you switch servers
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:10:46 GMT

Sagar,

I cannot confirm this but I will tell you my view.

The WSDL u generate in the development environment need not be regenerated at the Production
environment. The first WSDL that u created is used to generate the stubs and skeletons and
get the deploy.wsdd file. Once you deploy the Web Service then only the deployment is complete.
At this time the URL will be of dev or Prod env depending upon where u have deployed it.

Your client side call can do this

TestIFService service = new TestIFServiceLocator();
TestIF gatewayIF = service.getTestService(new URL(Property.WEBSERVICE_TARGET_URL));

to call the Web Service.
The only thing you should take care when you put classes on to the production env is that
you should deploy the web service by copying the depoly.wsdd to server-config.wsdd or using
the AdminClient tool ( IF it works ).

I hope i am right here. If not somebody guide us :)

Cheers
Dhanush

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sagar Pidaparthi
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:10 PM
  Subject: DO you need to regenreate WSDLs everytime you switch servers

  Hi,

  During the development time we use localhost as the server and later
  deploy the services on to a production environment.  WSDLs that are
  generated in development environment have details of localhost.  Do we
  need to regenerate WSDLs and so the java proxies, when we move from
  development environment to production environment?

  What is the best way handling this with minimal work.

  Regards

  Sagar

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.