axis-java-user mailing list archives

From rdea...@mmm.com
Subject Re: any issues with Holder classes? ... In the words of Roseanne Rosanna-Dana ... never mind! :)
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 20:57:41 GMT

All,

I believe it was my issue.

I had exposed a pre-existing Java class as a  Web Service using Axis tools:
1) Java2WSDL  - to generate the WSDL
then
2) WSDL2Java - to generate the stubs/skeletons

It appears that.......
If your original Java method had a "holder" argument, the Java2WSDL creates
a "holder" parameter in the message "Request"...rather than an additional
parameter in the message "Response".

I modified the generated WSDL by:
1) removing the "holder" parameter in the Request
2) adding a string  as an additional parameter in the Response.

Then I re-ran WSDL2Java.
This resulted in the parameter being represented as a
javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder argument in the method signature of the
stubs and skeletons.

Everything ran great using both a Java and C# client!!!

Thanks again,
Bob

|         |           rdeanna@mmm.com   |
|         |           05/14/2004 01:19  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           axis-user         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:       axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                      |
  |      cc:
                                      |
  |      Subject:  any issues with Holder classes?
                                      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I have been using Axis for a couple of weeks now and it runs great!!!

I have created about 15 Web Services without any issues...until the
following:

In my latest WebService, I have a method that receives a String Holder as
one of its 3 arguments.
I set the value of the StringHolder and print it out within Axis...and it
looks fine.

But when I print out the value in my client (both an Axis client and C#
client), the value is null.
The return value (also a string) of the method, is received by both clients
just fine.

Are there any know issues with holder classes, or String Holders in
particular?

Thanks in advance and fantastic job!!!
Bob