axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bing...@idx.com
Subject About java.lang.InstantiationException.
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 16:34:27 GMT
Hi,

I created a Java interface and several Java classes which implement the
interface. I used Java2WSDL to generate the WSDL from the interface. Then
I used WSDL2Java to generate the stub classes.

When I used the stub classes, I got the following error:

AxisFault
 faultCode:
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com.idx.lw.webservices.inbox.InboxRetrievalService
 faultActor: null
 faultNode: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com.idx.lw.webservices.inbox.InboxRetrievalService

This seems to me that the Axis tried to create an object based on the
interface, not based on one of my implementation classes.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong and how to fix it here? Or we just
can't use an interface for the web service directly, i.e., dynamic
invocation not supported.

Thanks!

Bing

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged
and may contain confidential health information.  This email is intended to be reviewed only
by the individual or organization named as addressee.  If you have received this email in
error please notify IDX immediately - by return message to the sender or to security@idx.com
- and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.   Please note that any views
or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of IDX.  Confidential health information is protected by state and federal
law, including, but not limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
of 1996 and related regulations.