axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ivan Vasquez" <i...@itos.uga.edu>
Subject Initializing objects via AxisServlet.init() ?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 15:34:02 GMT
Hi,

I need to open and close a database connection (to a BerkeleyDB JE) in
my Web service. I don't want every request to open and close the
database environment, because most likely I'll run into synchronization
problems (one thread might close some other's database).

Is there an object I can get access to, that will run once at
initialization (say, the first request ever) and once at server
shutdown? I was pointed to Servlet.init() & destroy(), if that's the
case, how can I get hold of it in Axis?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan.