axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Leena Janardanan" <ljanarda...@blackpearl.com>
Subject Problem with de-serialization
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 22:41:21 GMT
Hi all,
	I am moving from Weblogic web services to Websphere, and am using Axis on WAS 5.1 because
i need to use custom serializers and de-serializers, which Websphere doesnt support currently.
	I am having trouble getting my custom de-serializer to work,though my serializer does work.

	From the Axis documentation i saw that i could deploy my web app containing my web service
implementation classes, with axis jars in the WEB-INF\lib directory, and a web.xml file that
contains all the servlet defns and mappings for the AxisServlets.  So,

	(1) I put all my classes in the WEB-INF\classes dir. I put the axis and xml parser jars in
the WEB-INF\lib dir. I put a server-config.wsdd file in the WEB-INF dir,along with the web.xml
file.
	I did this so i wouldnt have to run the AdminClient again - is this ok ?

	(2) The web app deploys fine, i can go to http://server:port/MyApp/services and see the AdminService,
the Version web service and my own web service.

	My class WSTester has a method   public String processMiscellaneousReq(DummyParam param).
I have created Serializers and Deserializers for DummyParam and registered them in the wsdd
file as follows (besides the entries for AdminService and Version):

 <service name="ComplexService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="className" value="com.blackpearl.service.websphere.test.WSTester"/>
  <typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://www.blackpearl.com/services" qname="ns:request"
               languageSpecificType="java:com.blackpearl.service.websphere.test.DummyParam"
               serializer="com.blackpearl.service.websphere.test.DummyParamSerializerFactory"
               deserializer="com.blackpearl.service.websphere.test.DummyParamDeserializerFactory"
             encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
 </service>

PROBLEMS/QUESTIONS:

(1) When i set the style to RPC, i cannot view my WSDL. i.e, i cannot go to http://myserviceurl?wsdl.
I see this error :

Canapos;t find prefix for &apos;http://www.blackpearl.com/services&apos;. Namespace
prefixes must be set on the Definition object using the addNamespace(...) method.:

(2) When  i set the style to document, i can view the WSDL. However, when i attempt to execute
it (using MindReef SOAPScope) i see this exception :

	faultcode = soapenv:Server.userException,
	faultstring = org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which
is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.,
	 Im not sure if my de-serializer is being called at all.. is my wsdd file correct ?

(3) Is there a schema for the WSDD file somewhere ? The user's guide provides some information
on the commonly used elements, but is not complete. Where do i find the schema/dtd for it
? This would *really* help. I see some mention of elements like <operation>, but they
are not fully described in the User's Guide. Where should i be looking ?

	Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance,
		Leena.