axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yakulis, Ross (Ross)" <yaku...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError writing simple handler
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 17:15:13 GMT
I configured my handler like this:

    <requestFlow>
       <handler type="java:com.avaya.ucc.service.authentication.ClientSessionHandler"/>
    </requestFlow>

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Mecklenburg [mailto:mecklen@realmsys.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 9:52 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: NoClassDefFoundError writing simple handler

RM> I'm a newbie to web services and axis and I'm trying to implement a
RM> simple handler.
RM> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
RM> root cause java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
RM> org/apache/axis/handlers/BasicHandler

ML> Have you looked in axis.jar and verified explicitly that
ML> BasicHandler.class is present?

Absolutely, it was the first thing I checked, yes, it is there.
I even decompiled it to ensure it was the implementation I expected.

Am I the only axis user who has encountered this?  Other folks are
writing handlers without seeing this issue?

A little more info:

1. I configured the axis handler org.apache.axis.handlers.DebugHandler
   into my wsdd

2. verified it was being called by breaking in the code with a
   debugger

3. Copied the exact source code into my own package, updated the
   package statement, compiled, updated the wsdd, deployed

4. Got the *exact* error above

Thoughts?

Thanks,
--