axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Srinivas Vemula <srinivas.vem...@mensamind.com>
Subject Memory Leaks, Object NOT getting GC'ed and count increases as number of clients increases
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 13:02:27 GMT
Hello All,

        We have one axis service installed which exposes 13 methods to
clients. C# clients connect to this service. We have been doing
performance analysis on the application and  found this behaviour.

      1.) Instances of  <Service>Impl.java object  gets incremented by 1
when a new client makes a method call.

      2.) There is a substantial increase in memory consumption when the
object is created.

      3.) Instances of this object are never getting grabage collected
after the client is idle for some time. I can reason the object lying
around for some time, but for how long should it?

       Could you please share any inputs you have on this behaviour? How
does axis scale up for client call requests? Should we be having
multiple services instead of one huge service with big number of methods

    I appreciate all your time and help.

Thanks
Srini

--
Srinivas Vemula                          +91 40 23547826- Ext 201
Associate Consultant                     +91 40 23541447 (Fax)

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s)
only. If you are not an intended recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or
take any further action in reliance on it. You should delete it and notify the sender immediately.