axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Hauser <ehau...@www.in.gov>
Subject Typemapping for DataHandler
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 17:09:30 GMT
I'm having some issues using a typeMapping to define a DataHandler.
What I'm trying to write a service using attachements (which is very
similar to the echo example).  The admin client deploys the service
fine, however there isn't a complex mapping for DataHandler.  Here's my
deploy.wsdd:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
             xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"

xmlns:transactionHistory="http://service.history.transaction.ai">
     <service name="TransactionHistoryService" provider="java:RPC">

<endpointURL>http://localhost:8080/apps/transaction/history/services/TransactionHistoryService</endpointURL>

<namespace>http://localhost:8080/apps/transaction/history/services/TransactionHistoryService</namespace>
         <parameter name="className"
value="ai.transaction.history.service.TransactionHistoryService" />
         <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement"
value="TransactionHistoryService" />
         <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="store,retrieve" />
         <operation name="retrieve" returnQName="data"
returnType="ns1:DataHandler">
           <parameter name="key" type="tns:string"
xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" />
         </operation>
         <operation name="store" returnQName="key"
returnType="tns:string" xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
           <parameter name="data" type="ns1:DataHandler" />
<typeMapping

deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerDeserializerFactory"

languageSpecificType="java:javax.activation.DataHandler"
                      qname="transactionHistory:DataHandler"

serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerSerializerFactory"

encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />
         <beanMapping
                      qname="transactionHistory:TransactionHistoryException"

xmlns:transactionHistory="http://service.history.transaction.ai"

languageSpecificType="java:ai.transaction.history.exception.TransactionHistoryException"
/>
     </service>
</deployment>

I also attached the wsdl file that it generates.  It seems to generate
fine, except there isn't a mapping for DataHandler.  Also, out of
curiousity, has anyone tried to do a service like this that works with
both Java and .NET?  I saw some stuff in the example about setting DIME
encoding which I assuming is for .NET interoperability.  Thanks in advance.

--
Eric W. Hauser
Application Developer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This E-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you do not have permission to disclose, copy,
distribute, or open any attachments.  If you have received this E-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and
delete this copy from your system.
Thank you.
accessIndiana, MyLocal.IN.gov, CivicNet