axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Generic invocation with complex document types
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 22:40:14 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>If you can find a simple webservice/wsdl in the wild (one that i can
>access) that you'd like to use as an example, i'd be happy to hack
>DynamicInvoker to work with it. It'd take me a few days to get to it
>and you will have to open an enhancement request in JIRA (with the
>wsdl), just so that we don't forget this.

it is surprisingly hard to find WSDL for service that takes complex
types as input (plenty that output complex types) i wonder why ...

>On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:23:18 -0700, Jeff Greif
><jgreif@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
>

>>You would crack the wsdl for the operations.  Determine the types of the
>>parts (or the elements in doc/lit), find out if they are complex types, and
>>if so, register an ElementSerializer or Deserializer (depending on whether
>>an input or return part) for the corresponding xml type or element name.

maybe this could work better if ElementSerializer/Deserializer was used
by default for all XML elements that have no ser/deserializer
associated? this way one would be able to receive messages that may have
unknown XML content instead of trying to register ser/deser for all
possible XML element names?

alek