axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Janet" <Mille...@pbworld.com>
Subject RE: book recommendations
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 19:32:53 GMT
This book gives a great overview of Web Services and the various related
technologies.
I REALLY liked this book.  It was in plain English and very clear, not
like a lot of
other Web Services books that confuse you with all the terminology and
acronyms that
aen't really explained.  It gives you a good start and a good
understanding of the big
Picture so that you can then move in the right direction.

Web Services: A Manager's Guide
By Anne Thomas Manes
   Publisher : Addison Wesley
Pub Date : June 11, 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Jacobson [mailto:dave_jacobson@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:02 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: book recommendations

Hi,

Do you have any recommended books to read to learn about Axis, SOAP/XML,
XML and/or Java?

I am a newbie.  I have a C background but haven't coded for a while.  I
took a week-long "Intro to Java" course about five years ago but haven't
worked with it.  I've done web development with Cold Fusion and
JavaScript, 4th generation languages based on C and C++.  I am very
comfortable with OO concepts.

Thanks,
Dave