axis-java-user mailing list archives

From NITESH GUPTA <nitesh.gu...@epfl.ch>
Subject Passing user-defined objects between Java server (Apache AXIS) and a C# (:Net) Client
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 15:05:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to SOAP and AXIS and want some help.

I am trying to implement a simple hello world type of example on a PDA which has a C# .Net
webservice client and  a java server on Apache AXIS server running on some machine.

Till now I have been able to pass objects like int, strings and arrays of strings but am not
able to figure out how to pass user-defined objects.

I have deployed the server in form of a .jws using Tomcat server

this is what the server side code looks like:

public class HelloServer
{
	public String sayHelloTo(String name)
	{
	  System.out.println("sayHelloTo(String name)");
	  return "Hello " + name + ", How are you doing?";
	}

	public String sayHelloTo(String[] names)
	{
		String reply = "";
		for(int i = 0; i < names.length; i++)
		{
			System.out.println("sayHelloTo(String name)");
			reply += "Hello " + names[i] + ", How are you doing? \n";
		}
		return reply;
	}

	public int add(int num1, int num2)
	{
		return num1 + num2;
	}
}

I want to pass a user-defined object  . some thing like :

public class HelloUser {
	int userID;
	String userName;
	String[] userAdd;
}

If someone can guide me about how to do this, the help would be really appriciated.

Thanks,
Nitesh