axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Goosen <enri...@ipay.co.za>
Subject Re: AxisFault - NullPointerException
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 08:48:57 GMT
Further to my previous email, I've traced the problem to this method:

public static AxisFault makeFault(Exception e)
    {
        if (e instanceof InvocationTargetException) {
            Throwable t =
((InvocationTargetException)e).getTargetException();
            if (t instanceof Exception) {
                e = (Exception)t;
            }
        }

        if (e instanceof AxisFault) { <<< this should return true!
            return (AxisFault)e;
        }

        return new AxisFault(e); <<< This is throwing the Exception
    }

What I find strange is that my Exception is not being recognised as an
AxisFault (see instanceof AxisFault above)

Enrico