axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject wsdl not showing correctly in IE6.0 from Axis 1.1
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:16:24 GMT
Hi Guys,

Has anybody come across the following problem.

I have a wsdl file which contains the German sharp S character. If I open the 
wsdl directly with IE6.0 it displays correctly including all my German 
characters. However, If I use the Axis 1.1 <service url>?wsdl option from IE6.0 
it fails to display my entire wsdl file and IE6.0 reports an error at the line 
and char possition that the German sharp S (unicode U+00df) appears

IE6.0 Error ***********************************************


The XML page cannot be displayed 

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then 
click the Refresh button, or try again later. 


An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing 
resource 'http://localhost:3080/onlineShop/services/onlineShopSoapPort?wsdl'. 
Line 592, Position 33 

     <enumeration value="Reisepa


Extract from wsdl file *************************************
<simpleType name="PassportTypeEnum">
 <restriction base="xsd:string">
  <enumeration value="" /> 
  <enumeration value="Personalausweis" /> 
  <enumeration value="ReisepaƟ" /> 

As can be seen the German sharp S in the word ReisepaƟ is causing this problem.

How does Axis present the wsdl to the browser differently than opening the file 

N.B. I have tried the Axis generated wsdl and providing the deploy.wsdd with a 
<wsdlFile>/onlineShop.wsdl</wsdlFile> element and placed the wsdl file in my 
web application WEB-INF/classes directory

If anybody knows the solution to this I would be very greatful to receive an 

View raw message