axis-java-user mailing list archives

From smcar...@spansurf.com
Subject wsdl not showing correctly in IE6.0 from Axis 1.1
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:16:24 GMT
Hi Guys,

Has anybody come across the following problem.

I have a wsdl file which contains the German sharp S character. If I open the
wsdl directly with IE6.0 it displays correctly including all my German
characters. However, If I use the Axis 1.1 <service url>?wsdl option from IE6.0
it fails to display my entire wsdl file and IE6.0 reports an error at the line
and char possition that the German sharp S (unicode U+00df) appears

IE6.0 Error ***********************************************

<WSDL FILE DISPLAYED UPTO A BUFFER SIZE> .....

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing
resource 'http://localhost:3080/onlineShop/services/onlineShopSoapPort?wsdl'.
Line 592, Position 33

     <enumeration value="Reisepa

Extract from wsdl file *************************************
.
.
.
<simpleType name="PassportTypeEnum">
 <restriction base="xsd:string">
  <enumeration value="" />
  <enumeration value="Personalausweis" />
  <enumeration value="ReisepaƟ" />
 </restriction>
</simpleType>
.
.
.

As can be seen the German sharp S in the word ReisepaƟ is causing this problem.

How does Axis present the wsdl to the browser differently than opening the file
directly?

N.B. I have tried the Axis generated wsdl and providing the deploy.wsdd with a
<wsdlFile>/onlineShop.wsdl</wsdlFile> element and placed the wsdl file in my
web application WEB-INF/classes directory

If anybody knows the solution to this I would be very greatful to receive an
answer.