axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Jellinghaus" <r...@nimblefish.com>
Subject RE: WSDL generation problem
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:34:51 GMT
Did so.  Same error.  Here's the ant target:

    <target name="java2wsdl" depends="compile" description="Generate
WSDL files from our beans.">
        <java2wsdl
classname="com.nimblefish.sdk.ejb.sessioninterfaces.ClientCampaignServic
e"

location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/ClientCampaignService"
            output="${gencode.wsdl.dir}/clientcampaignservice.wsdl "
            namespace="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"
            style="rpc"
            useinheritedmethods="false"
            stopclasses="javax.ejb.EJBObject">
            <mapping namespace="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"
                package="com.nimblefish.sdk.soap"/>
            <classpath>
                <pathelement path="${classes.dir}"/>
                <path refid="base.classpath"/>
            </classpath>
        </java2wsdl>
    </target>

And here's the error:

[java2wsdl] Java2WSDL
com.nimblefish.sdk.ejb.sessioninterfaces.ClientCampaignService
[java2wsdl] WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
'http://util.java'. Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
object using the addNamespace(...) method.:

Looks to me like it's barfing on the "java.util.List" return type of the
"listClients" session bean interface method.  The real questions are:

1) WHY?

2) Why doesnÂ’t the Wiki or the documentation for java2wsdl explain *what
it means* to get this error from java2wsdl?  (And/or, why doesn't this
error get caught by java2wsdl and given a better diagnostic message?)
There's no way to know *what to do in your Java code* (or even in your
java2wsdl target) to fix this error, given the wording of the error
itself.

Cheers!
Rob