axis-java-user mailing list archives

From J.Sug...@pilz.ie
Subject Re: No serializer found for class javax.activation.DataHandler
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:16:43 GMT
Make sure both activation.jar and mail.jar are in your classpaths .

James

"Sivakumar Jagadeesan" <sivajag@hotmail.com>
01/04/2004 23:01
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
No serializer found for class javax.activation.DataHandler

I was able to deploy the web service and connect using the SOAP in
Tomcat4.0.3. When I deployed to Websphere 4, I was able to get the axis
page.I was even able to get the List of deployed services. But when I
click
the wsdl link , I am getting this error

[4/1/04 15:51:40:259 CST]   1ce2ad WebGroup      X Servlet Error: :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writeBinding(Emitter.java:717)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:382)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:262)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:494)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:137)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.generateWSDL(SOAPService.java:375)
        at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:499)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.processWsdlRequest(AxisServlet.java:484)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:285)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager.java:827)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java
:167)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:297)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:
110)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:472)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletManager.java:101
2)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManager.java:913)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:721)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.ja
va:374)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.jav
a:118)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:134)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:239)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java
:67)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.
java:151)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:317)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:60)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:477)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:351)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:144)

So I tried to use my SOAP Client and connect to the service. This service
accepts a File as attachement. When I run the client program , I am
getting
this error

AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
javax.activation.DataHandler in reg
istry org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl@84cc09
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.io.IOException: No
serializer found for class
javax.activation.DataHandler in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl@84cc09
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serializeActual(SerializationContextImp
l.java:1281)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serialize(SerializationContextImpl.java
:795)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.outputMultiRefs(SerializationContextImp
l.java:866)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:179)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:509)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:783)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:270)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsString(SOAPPart.java:483)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsBytes(SOAPPart.java:375)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentType(Message.java:399)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:341)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:122)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at
cat.vce.autoUpload.client.stub.AutoUploaderServiceSoapBindingStub.uploadFile(AutoUploader
ServiceSoapBindingStub.java:208)
        at
cat.vce.autoUpload.client.manager.SOAPTransferManager.upload(SOAPTransferManager.java:60)

        at
cat.vce.autoUpload.client.AutoUploadClient.execute(AutoUploadClient.java:51)
        at
cat.vce.autoUpload.client.sample.AutoUploadSampleClientApp.execute(AutoUploadSampleClient
App.java:17)
        at
cat.vce.autoUpload.client.sample.AutoUploadSampleClientApp.main(AutoUploadSampleClientApp
.java:46)

I am not sure what is the problem, it wil be great if some one could help
me

Rgds,
--Siva Jagadeesan

This email is intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the confidential
information contained therein, or the taking of any action based on it, is
prohibited. The sender disclaims any liability for the integrity of this
email. Legally binding declarations must be in written form.