axis-java-user mailing list archives

From KKanaga...@bca-group.com
Subject RE: WSDL :: WS-I Basic Profile ? ['Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': Virus checked]
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:00:29 GMT

Thanks a lot Anne !
will do it !
-kannan

                      "Anne Thomas

                      Manes"                   To:       <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

                      <anne@manes.net>         cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: WSDL :: WS-I Basic Profile ?
['Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': Virus
                      21/04/04 15:56            checked]

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

The SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 specifications aren't really standards. They
never
went through a rigorous standardization effort, and no one did
interoperability testing of these specs prior to their publication. (These
specs have never been updated since they were first published in 2000.)
There are a bunch of inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and ambiguities
in the specs.

In order to enable interoperability, the community decided to "profile"
these specs -- to resolve these inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and
ambiguities. That's what the WS-I Basic Profile is.

If you want to integrate .NET and J2EE, you need to follow the WS-I BP
guidelines.

Anne