axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson Jonathan" <anderson_jonat...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Need suggestions on web service interlope and design
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:57:02 GMT
Henrik,

Axis 1.2 beta is out...

http://archive.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_2beta/

Though if you're the adventurous type you can always pull straight from CVS
and build it yourself.

And yes, we're ALL struggling not only with building WS-I compliant SOAP
services, but WS-I complaint SOAP services that fit together into some sort
of loosely coupled, scalable, and <gasp> actually useful Service Oriented
Architecture.

Somebody should really open a Service Oriented Architect school.  :)

Regards,
Jonathan Anderson
Booz Allen Hamilton

-----Original Message-----
From: HG [mailto:axis@websolver.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 10:20 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need suggestions on web service interop and design

Anne,

Thanx for the fast info..Just the thing I needed.

Now, the task doing schemas first, makes sense..That way you won't get
tempted to expose platform specific stuff..Great.

Maybe for once in a lifetime I should follow the .NET guides and do things
the MS way :-)
I can see that Axis 1.2 is alpha...Anyone knows of the beta or final release
plans..?

Best regards

Henrik