axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j problem
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 00:45:15 GMT

I'd be very surprised if Axis was using Log4j directly.  It is probably
using commons-logging.  The issue is probably not matter of Axis versions,
but a matter of having Log4j.jar somewhere in the classpath for
commons-logging to find.  If commons-logging finds Log4j, it will use it to
the exclusion of JDk1.4 logging and other logging facilities.  Of course,
if you then don't provide a log4j configuration file (properties or xml) in
the classpath (or configure it manually), then Log4j will report that it
has no appenders configured.  So, either remove Log4j from the classpath or
add a Log4j configuration file to the classpath to satisfy Log4j's
configuration requirements.

Jake