axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Incompatibilty between Axis 1.1 and 1.2a
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:09:37 GMT
vikram wrote:

>Hello,
>        I was hoping that you could help me out with the following issue
>Concerning suspected incompatibilities between Java files generated by
>WSDL2Java tool of Axis 1.1 and 1.2a.
>We had an older client generated by WSDL2Java of Axis 1.1 which produced
>the following method signature for a type xsd:boolean :-
>
>public void setCreateDefaultAttributes(java.lang.Boolean
>createDefaultAttributes)
>{
>    this.createDefaultAttributes = createDefaultAttributes;
>}
>
>Now we tried to generate the Java files on the same WSDL using
>WSDL2Java of 1.2a and this is what it produced:-
>
>public void setCreateDefaultAttributes(boolean createDefaultAttributes)
>{
>    this.createDefaultAttributes = createDefaultAttributes;
>}
>
>We already have a client written with Axis 1.1 and this change would
>certainly break that. The same issue is with all other basic types (like
>int, long etc).
>Can you please suggest an alternative as to how we should address this
>situation. Would be highly grateful for a quick response.

  Make a second webservice that uses the new changes, and over time move
your clients off of the old one onto the new one. It may be a pain, but
that is one solution when you have incompatible versions.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu