axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jagannath <jagann...@adventnet.com>
Subject ArraySerializer question
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:21:46 GMT
Guys,

This is just a reminder. If anyone knows the reply for my below question
please help.

Thanks,
Jagannath

Guys,

Any comment on this?

Please help as this results in generation of incomplete WSDL file while
accessing from Axis Servlet. I am using Axis 1.1.

Let me know incase more information is needed.

Thanks,
Jagannath

Hi,

I have a question on ArraySerialization. I have defined my WebService to
return some custom object arrays. I have written serializer for the
custom object.
In my wsdd file I have put the below entries

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfString"
    type="java:java.lang.String[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfCustomer"
    type="java:com.samples.Customer[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

Now when I generate the WSDL file using the AxisServlet, only the
complexElement for ArrayOfString gets created as shown below

<complexType name="ArrayOfString">
    <complexContent>
        <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
            <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType"
wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>
        </restriction>
    </complexContent>
</complexType>

Similar entries for my custom object does not get created.

My question is am I not supposed to use
"/org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory/" for my custom
object arrays.

Please provide your comments.

Regards,

Jagannath.C