axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jagannath <jagann...@adventnet.com>
Subject ArraySerializer question
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:09:27 GMT
Guys,

Any comment on this?

Please help as this results in generation of incomplete WSDL file while
accessing from Axis Servlet. I am using Axis 1.1.

Let me know incase more information is needed.

Thanks,
Jagannath

Hi,

I have a question on ArraySerialization. I have defined my WebService to
return some custom object arrays. I have written serializer for the
custom object.
In my wsdd file I have put the below entries

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfString"
    type="java:java.lang.String[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

<typeMapping xmlns:ns1="urn:AdventNetSoapAgentTypes"
      qname="ns1:ArrayOfCustomer"
    type="java:com.samples.Customer[]"
    serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory"
    deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializerFactory"
    encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

Now when I generate the WSDL file using the AxisServlet, only the
complexElement for ArrayOfString gets created as shown below

<complexType name="ArrayOfString">
    <complexContent>
        <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
            <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType"
wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]"/>
        </restriction>
    </complexContent>
</complexType>

Similar entries for my custom object does not get created.

My question is am I not supposed to use
"/org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory/" for my custom
object arrays.

Please provide your comments.

Regards,

Jagannath.C