axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Barzilai Spinak <bar...@internet.com.uy>
Subject Re: Maintaining index for Arrays with null values
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:51:39 GMT

A *reference* (e.g. variable) of type java.lang.Boolean can have a
value of null (meaning it's not referencing any object) or it can
reference a real object (instance) of type  Boolean.
However, this instance, cannot have a value of null.  (see constructors
of Boolean, and Boolean.booleanValue())

A primitive variable of type "boolean" can only have the primitive
values "true" or "false".

This is Java. Schema types, I guess, behave in a similar way although I
haven't bothered checking it :-)

BarZ

Tudor, Liviu @Cimage wrote:

>Not necessarily, BarZ -- have a look at java.lang.Boolean, which of course is a class,
therefore an object of that type can be null as well! :D

>	Liv
>
>Liviu Tudor

Nueva forma de conectarse a internet en URUGUAY
Tel. 0909.20.30   =>   Acceso 100% digital 56K!
Promocion lanzamiento: $0,10 mas IVA el minuto.
http://www.internet.com.uy - Internet en serio.