axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Barlow <sbar...@peopledoc.com>
Subject axis beginner - simple attachment service
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:16:50 GMT
I am running axis 1.2 beta in tomcat 5.0.19
I have copied the axis webapp from the axis distribution and
to get attachments working have copied in activation.jar and mail.jar.
When I goto the axis validation URL it states that everything is good
and I get the message...
The core axis libraries are present. 1 optional axis library is missing
The optional library is xmlsec.jar which I am not interested in.

At the URL...
http://localhost:8080/axis/services
I can can see my service. But when I click on the WSDL link I get the
following error...

AXIS error
Could not generate WSDL!
There is no SOAP service at this location

My server-config.wsdl is very simple as it just contains the
one attachments sample service...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
xmlns:ns1="dmintsoapattachment">

     <service name="urn:EchoAttachmentsService" provider="java:RPC" >
         <parameter name="className"
value="samples.attachments.EchoAttachmentsService"/>
         <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="echo echoDir"/>
         <operation name="echo" returnQName="returnqname"
returnType="ns1:DataHandler" >
             <parameter name="dh" type="ns1:DataHandler"/>
         </operation>

         <typeMapping
deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerDeserializerFactory"
         languageSpecificType="java:javax.activation.DataHandler"
qname="ns1:DataHandler"
         serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerSerializerFactory"
         />
     </service>
</deployment>

So Im basically running AXIS out of the box.
I guess that I have missed a step?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Stuart.