axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Galbreath, Mark A" <Galbreat...@state.gov>
Subject RE: Webapp Deployment to Directory Other Than Axis
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:44:42 GMT
Thanks, Nikki, got the archive and, disappointingly (at least as of June
2003), there is no de facto standard way of doing it, so I guess my outline
below will serve as a roll-yer-own for me.  I don't like the idea of using
client-side scripting to do this, and I sure as hell don't want to use
ActiveX.  JSPs are alright, but violate my sense of MVC.  So it looks like
the Axis 1.2beta and Servlets 2.3 APIs.....

Thanks for the clue, though!
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology
[mailto:Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:05 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Webapp Deployment to Directory Other Than Axis

Hi

> 1.  All the examples so far run the client class from the command line;
> this is clearly inadequate for Web applications.  Why can't I find any
> totorials/example code that actually uses a browser?  I assume the browser
> URL would link to a servlet which would acts as a controller between view
> and model, and the model contains the logic to invoke Axis methods.  A
> more realistic example than simple command-line public static void Main(
> String[] args ){} would be extremely helpful.

There was a thread "Calling a web service from a browser" related to this
last year - June 2003. You might be able to find it in the archives,

Nikki

NJ Rogers, Technical Researcher
(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
Email:nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)117 9287096 (Direct)
Tel: +44(0)117 9287193 (Office)