axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mantri, Mr. Ramesh (Contractor)" <man...@nrlmry.navy.mil>
Subject RE: question on Axis Handlers
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 01:10:27 GMT
In my very brief stint with Axis, I did come across "deploy.wsdd" files.
But I am assuming that this file is read only when you deploy the service
through "AdminClient" which is a totally Axis-specific activity. In a
servlet-engine environment, servlets are "deployed" through web.xml. Is
it somehow possible to reconcile/merge these two different activities?
For instance, one method that quickly comes to my mind is to run this
"AdminClient" inside a servlet's "init" method. Is that possible? I might
understand more if someone would kindly post an example servlet that makes
use of Axis. Here I am visualizing something like getting access to a
"MessageContext" inside of a doGet() or a doPost() method etc. I am afraid
I might not be making too much sense here. But if it does make any sense,
please help. Thanks.
sincerely,
Ramesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Yakulis, Ross (Ross) [mailto:yakulis@avaya.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 5:55 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: question on Axis Handlers

Are you refering to configuring handlers in the deploy.wsdd file?

Like:
      <requestFlow>
         <handler type="java:com.avaya.ucc.service.authentication.ValidationHandler"/>
         <handler type="java:com.avaya.ucc.service.authentication.ServerSessionHandler"/>
      </requestFlow>
      <responseFlow>
         <handler type="java:com.avaya.ucc.service.authentication.ServerSessionHandler"/>
      </responseFlow>

Ross