axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: SOAP specific questions ....
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:54:28 GMT
The most significant difference between SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 is the SOAP
envelope namespace. That's how you tell the difference between the two.

Chapter 6 of the SOAP 1.2 primer specification [1] outlines the differences
between SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part0-20030624/#L4697

Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: Denero Watz [mailto:denero_watz@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 2:01 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: SOAP specific questions ....

Hello,
I am involved in migrating a web service server
implementation to our new project version. I need a
few clarifications:

(1) Looking at the spec I see that in place of
faultcode and faultstring, we should return 'Code' and
'Reason' in soap 1.2. Is that right?

(2) By looking at a wsdl file, can a soap client know
which version(1.1/1.2) does the server supports?
Otherwise how can the client know in what format the
server is going to return('Code' or 'faultcode', etc.)
in case of faults?

(3) In the successful operation execution cases, are
there any differences between the 1.1 and 1.2 SOAP XML

(4) Similarly are there any differences betwen the 1.1
and 1.2 request envelopes??

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dw