axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nelson Minar <nel...@monkey.org>
Subject Re: Axis' built-in Providers
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:40:15 GMT
>I am interested in developing services using doc/literal, but I am slightly
>confused by what I need to do exactly in AXIS.

You have the right idea, the part that's not clear is that for wrapped
doc/literal services you also use Axis' RPC provider. In the simplest
case, all you need to do to change a service from rpc/encoded to
document/literal is to change this:
  <service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC">
to this:
  <service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC" style="wrapped" use="literal">

No need to write your own provider class.

Make sure you use Axis 1.2 beta - its support for document/literal is
much improved.