axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Lee" <Ken....@KennethLee.org>
Subject Sending Large String
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:01:02 GMT
I have a web service that returns a dataset as an xml string.  I run
into problems when too much data is returned.  I usually get one of two
error messages:
1. [java] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Parser has reached the entity
expansion limit "64,000" set by the Application.
2. [java]  faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

My goal is to send an XML file as a string that another application can
read and turn into a database file.  I already have this working with
smaller XML strings, but can't get past the errors when getting larger
datasets back.  (I get a result set, then call another method called
generateXML(ResultSet rs) that returns an XML String)

I get this idea that I need to have the string broken into attachments,
but have no idea how to do this.  If this is a possible course of
action, could someone send me some sample code of how to do this, or a
link?

Thanks,

Ken Lee