axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Remy <nr...@caci.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when using my own logger
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:36:19 GMT
Is your org.waterford.util.logging.wLog class a member of a package?  If
so, remember that you have to place the .class file in an
appropriately-named folder UNDER WEB-INF/classes.

Just a thought.

Nicholas Remy

"Oleg Lebedev" <oleglebedev@waterford.org>
03/03/2004 03:01 PM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

<axis-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
ClassNotFoundException when using my own logger

Hi all.

I have created and successfully deployed a web service using Axis. Now I
am trying to print out my messages through my own Log class, which extends
my other org.waterford.util.logging.wLog class, which is a wrapper for
java.util.logging.Log class.

Axis finds the Log and wLog classes, but when
java.util.logging.LogManager.initializeGlobalHandlers() chokes trying to
load org.waterford.util.logging.wLogFileHandler (see the stack trace
below).

I tried putting all my org.waterford.util.logging.* classes in
WEB-INF/classes, but I get the same error.

So, objviously Axis ClassLoader sees my classes, but jdk ClassLoader
doesn't.
How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.

Oleg

STACK TRACE:

logging to the file
Can't load log handler "org.waterford.util.logging.wLogFileHandler"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.waterford.util.logging.wLogFileHandler
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.waterford.util.logging.wLogFileHandler
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
 at java.util.logging.LogManager$3.run(LogManager.java:717)

 at
java.util.logging.LogManager.initializeGlobalHandlers(LogManager.java:710)
 at java.util.logging.LogManager.access$800(LogManager.java:114)
 at
java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger.getHandlers(LogManager.java:817)
 at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:420)
 at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Logger.java:446)
 at java.util.logging.Logger.logp(Logger.java:562)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.log(Jdk14Logger.java:126)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.debug(Jdk14Logger.java:137)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1264)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1230)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)

 at org.waterford.util.logging.wLogRecord.inferCaller(wLogRecord.java:164)
 at
org.waterford.util.logging.wLogRecord.getSourceClassName(wLogRecord.java:67)
 at org.waterford.util.logging.wLog.message(wLog.java:167)
 at
org.waterford.sequencer.business.ObjectiveFactory.findBranchesByProductId(ObjectiveFactory.java:138)
 at
org.waterford.sequencer.engine.WSSequencerImpl.findBranchesByProductId(WSSequencerImpl.java:47)
 at
org.waterford.sequencer.interfaces.ws.SequencerSoapBindingImpl.findBranchesByProductId(SequencerSoapBindingImpl.java:28)

 at
 at
 at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:402)
 at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:309)
 at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:333)
 at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
 at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
 at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:481)
 at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:323)
 at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:854)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
 at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:284)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:204)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:257)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:245)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:199)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:149)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:156)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
 at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Oleg Lebedev
Software Engineer
Waterford Institute
Phone: 801.938.1724
Cell: 801.209.6706

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for
the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all
attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using
information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.