axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ian_d_stew...@bankone.com
Subject Re: custom  exceptions
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:45:17 GMT
Sacha,

Have you tried extending AxisFault?  That's what we do and it seems to work
well enough...

Ian

                    sacha@javart.c

                    om.pl                To:     axis-user@ws.apache.org

                                         cc:

                    03/26/2004           Subject:     custom exceptions

                    02:35 PM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-user

Hi.

Has anybody any experience with custom exceptions in axis? I
tried to throw my own checked exception, but always get AxisFault,
containing only stack trace as details and Server.userException as a fault
code.

I looked into the axis source code and it seems there is no way to throw
custom exceptions. The critical part (as I guessed) is AxisFault.java,
method initFromException(Exception target). It does not serialize target
exception to XML - it simply gets the stack trace and a class name.

Another method is initFromSOAPFaultException(SOAPFaultException fault),
but SOAPFaultException not seems to be intended to use by business
classes.

Is there any way to fix this problem, or this is a bug?

Thanx in advance

MJS

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.