axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson Jonathan" <anderson_jonat...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Doc-Style Web Clients
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:58:01 GMT
I heard grumblings awhile ago that Microsoft might be dropping support for
DIME in lieu of some WS-I discussions concerning attachments.  Might wanna
try googling around for more information, but this probably won't occur
until the next .Net/Vis Studio release anyway.

	-Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas.Duehrsen@bedag.ch [mailto:Thomas.Duehrsen@bedag.ch]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 8:12 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: AW: Doc-Style Web Clients

How about passing the whole document as a single string parameter of a
doc/literal web service? Is there a  better performance to expect when using
SAAJ?

What i don't like about SAAJ: .NET requires the use of DIME format. I don't
know all platforms or toolkits used to develop the potential clients and so
i don't know if DIME is supported by them. The first time i heard of DIME
was when i was looking into SAAJ. Is DIME widly supported?

Thanks

Thomas