axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fredo Corleone" <funk...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: need info about memory leak in axis
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:01:16 GMT
I upgraded to jdk1.4.2_04 and am still getting the same results ~32K leak
per message.
The leak happens only when a request is made. If requests are not made , no
memory leak.
We don't cache anthing from the response to the request, so our code is not
the source of the leak.
Does anybody have any other suggestions?

>From: James Black <jblack@ieee.org>
>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>Subject: Re: need info about memory leak in axis
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:42:51 -0500
>
>Fredo Corleone wrote:
>
>>I'm using axis as a ws client and I get a memory leak everytime I send a
>>request. The requests and responses are very small (less than 500 bytes),
>>but the memory leak is significant. I'm using java 1.4.1 on Solaris.
>>I was using axis 1.2 snapshot from Jan 6 2004 that I compiled. I
>>re-compiled with the snapshot from March 24 2004 (last night) and have the
>>same type of leak.
>>I read the email archives and found that others had complained about
>>memory leaks as well, but there was no acknowledgement/resolution posted.
>>So, does anybody have any insight into the memory leak problem with axis?
>
>  Most likely the leak is due to a bug in jdk1.4.1 that was fixed in
>jdk1.4.2, and that was in StringBuffer. If you you the String class and do
>any concatenating then you will have a leak.
>
>  Your best bet is to see about changing the jdk.
>
>--
>"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
>James Black    james@usf.edu

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE