axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vivek Nagulapati" <vivek_nagulap...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Doc-Style Web Clients
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:25:19 GMT
Anne,

I think you misinterpreted my question. Currently, my client is NOT using
the attachments to pass my XmlDocuments of type "Document". I wanted to know
how one can avoid the axis marshalling of calls to XML.

IIRC, doc style web services circumvent the (de)serialization of calls but
can we develop clients whose method calls are not serialized by Axis? I
would prefer to stick with Axis API rather than SAAJ.

Thanks,
Vivek

>From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net>
>To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Doc-Style Web Clients
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:02:57 -0500
>
>Use the SAAJ API.
>
>At 08:38 AM 3/25/2004, you wrote:
>>Hello Guys,
>>
>>Can we develop doc-style web service clients?
>>
>>When I say doc-style web service clients, I mean a client which calls a
>>web service directly without the involvement of Axis serialization wherein
>>marshalling of function calls to XML is circumvented.
>>
>>What I want to do is, I have my "Document" constructed which I want to
>>embed in a SOAP envelope and call the web service. My web service
>>processes the "Document" and I dont want Axis to marshall the function
>>calls to XML.
>>
>>P.S: My web service is implemented in .NET
>>
>>TIA,
>>Vivek

>>Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ
>>Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

>Anne Thomas Manes
>VP & Research Director
>Burton Group

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by
ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn