axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: basic questions before start using Axis...
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:23:35 GMT
1. If you use the "wrapped" convention, the Axis will automatically marshal
the method parameters for you. In the wrapped still you must define a
wrapper element for your input message. The name of the input message must
be the same as the operation name. The wrapper element must be structured
as a sequence; each parameter defined as a child element. If you don't use
the wrapped convention, then Axis will marshal the message into an object.

Axis doesn't perform automatic validation of the message. If you want to
perform validation , then you can add a handler in your handler chain to do
it. The marshalling is done based on the WSDL, so if the message isn't
valid, you're likely to receive a serialization exception.

2. Typically header blocks are intended for handlers rather than the
service implementation.

Anne

At 04:04 AM 3/23/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all, I'm new to Axis 1.1 and if any type of document or samples or any
>pointers will be appreciated if you can help me understanding the below
>problems with Axis...
>
>Assumption: Service is of "Document" Style and uses java binding classes
>
>1. I understand if we use wsdl2java, we get the Java binding classes, but
>does it guarantees the marshaling being done and adhere to associated WSDL?
>or how does the incoming messages to service gets validated as per the
>defined schema in WSDL.
>
>2. If an incoming request to service contains the header & body blocks, then
>how does the service implementation capture the header portion?  Or is this
>also covered under the Java binding classes?
>
>thanks very much
>  :o)m

Anne Thomas Manes
VP & Research Director