axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <a...@manes.net>
Subject Re: Application Framework :: Webservice ?? ['Watchdog': checked]
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:53:39 GMT
It sounds as if you're trying to build your own SOAP engine inside your
application. Axis is supposed to do the request handling functionality. It
*is* the framework you're talking about.

Handlers typically process SOAP headers or perform other types of
system-level functions (logging, monitoring, authentication, signature
verification, etc.)

You specify what method should be invoked for each operation type in the WSDD.

If you want to do your own request routing, then you probably want to build
a custom "provider". A provider is responsible for taking the message after
the handler chain is complete, transforming the SOAP body from XML into
Java and invoking a Java object.

Axis supplies three providers:
- RPC
- EJB
- MSG

The RPC provider performs automatic marshalling and demarshalling of the
SOAP messages and invokes Java objects. The EJB provider performs automatic
marshalling and demarshalling of SOAP messages and invokes stateless
session beans. The MSG provider converts the SOAP message into a DOM and
invokes a Java object.

Anne

At 06:19 AM 3/22/2004, you wrote:

>hey friends,
>
>In my application I will get a series of SOAP requests. All I need to know
>is:
>1. How do I write a general Soap request handler (like a controller), All
>the reqest should be handled here like a centralized controller.
>2. The controller should scan through the request types, based on that it
>should invoke the appropriate web-service (like action classes) - how to do
>?
>3. Those webserivces will do all the required validations and finally
>invoke my EJB's on JBoss (Like Model in MVC).
>4. EJB's return the response data, webservice will generate the response
>object, give it to controller and finally controller returns the result to
>client.
>
>I looked at the API's but still confused:
>1. org.apache.axis.handlers.soap - When should i use this ?
>2. org.apache.axis.handlers.http - When should i use this ?
>
>In struts or any mvc framework, we map the request uri to a particular
>action classes, how do we do that in Web services?
>
>help me in creating a framework !
>cheers
>-kannan
>

>This  email  and any attachments to it may contain confidential information
>intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, you
>are  strictly  prohibited  from  disclosing, copying, distributing or using
>this  email  in  any  way. Unauthorised use of the information contained in
>this  email  is  unlawful.  If you have received this email in error please
>notify us on enquiries@bca-group.com and delete the email from your system.
>
>Information   contained  in  this  email  can  not  be  disclosed,  copied,
>distributed or used in any way without the prior consent of the sender. Any
>opinions, advice or facts given in this email are given without warranty or
>the  intention  to  enter  into an agreement unless specifically stated and
>confirmed  by  agreement,  letter  or such other documentation signed by an
>authorised  signatory  of  BCA  Holdings  Limited  or any of its subsidiary
>companies.
>
>Any personal information contained in this email is strictly the view of
>the sender and is in no way authorised or attributable to BCA  Holdings
>Limited or any of its subsidiary companies in any way. All emails through
>the company gateway are subject to monitoring. The company cannot be held
>liable for any errors or viruses contained in this message.

Anne Thomas Manes
VP & Research Director
Burton Group