axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shravan Samindla <ssamin...@opnet.com>
Subject SOAP intermediaries
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:52:50 GMT
Hi,
 From what I know, the information about transport binding in the WSDL only
applies to the first hop ( on the SOAP message path) and the specification
doesn't specify how the transports are determined on the intermediate hops.

What determines the transport choice on the intermediate hops? Is it the
implementation of the application (over SOAP i.e., the processing model for
headers) at the intermediaries? Is it determined from the routing tables
(like referral cache)? Or is it specified by the next node on the way? or
by the ultimate receiver (service provider) ?

Apologies if I am technically incorrect at any point.

thanx,
Shr.