axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <webmas...@blis-project.org>
Subject How to get Enumerations in WSDL?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:07:17 GMT
Dear all,

I have the following design for my object datatype model I want to expose from my web service:

====
public class MyClass {
	MyClassTypeEnum myClassType;

	public MyClassTypeEnum  getMyClassType(){
		return myClassType;
	}

	public void setMyClassType(MyClassTypeEnum type_){
		this.myClassType = type_;
	}
}

====

public class MyClassTypeEnum {

	private String typeName;

    	private MyClassTypeEnum () {
    	}

    	private MyClassTypeEnum (String typeName_){
        	this.typeName = typeName_;
    	}

    	public static final MyClassTypeEnum TESTENUM = new MyClassTypeEnum("TESTENUM");
    	public static final MyClassTypeEnum TESTENUM2 = new MyClassTypeEnum("TESTENUM2");
}

=====

How can I get java2wsdl to generate an XML enumeration for my typesafe enumeration (MyClassTypeEnum)
in the generated WSDL?

For now, I don't get anything for MyClassTypeEnum and for MyClass I get the following:

<complexType name="MyClass">
      <sequence>
       		<element name="myClassType" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>
      </sequence>
</complexContent>

I would like the "xsd:anyType" to be replaced with a nice XSD enumeration corresponding to
MyClassTypeEnum.

Is it possible at all?
Any idea out there? if yes how should I do to get it right (design modification, flag passed
to java2wsdl, etc ...)?

Thanks.
Regards,
Patrick.