axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Scott" <S...@netsuite.com>
Subject Found another user experiencing similar "null" response problem with .NET client working with Axis web service server
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:16:33 GMT
I don't know if I am happy with my discovery or not. I have tried to
solve my problem with "null" response with .NET/C# client working with
Axis WS server in last week and found that there was another Axis user
experienced similar problem which was posted to Microsoft newsgroup in
last December. If anyone have solved the problem or have any suggestions
please share. This is my post in MS newsgroup and hope (again) to get
some feedback from Axis user group.

I posted this question more than a week ago and I have not received any
reply. I do need to have some sort of resolution on my problem since I
believe that .NET can work as a client to communicate with a web service
running in Java. I wish I am not wrong about this.

I have stripped the case to a simple "login" test.

The web service is doc/literal.
Server is Axis/Java.
Client is .NET/C#.

1. Client .NET/C# generated a request as below. And the request was sent
to Axis.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/> "
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> "
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body><loginRequest
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema%22%3e%3csoap:Body%3e%3cloginRequest>
sword>foo</password></passport></loginRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelop
e>

2. Axis/Java received the request and sent a response to .NET/C# client:

183

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/> "
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> "
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><Log
inResponse
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance%22%3e%3csoapenv:Body%3e%3cLog
inResponse>  xmlns="urn:soap.v1.webservices"><response>Now this is
really
simple</response></LoginResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
0

3. .NET/C# client should have marshalled the xml to a response object.
But it did not. It claimed that the "response" object is null.

Thanks a million,

Scott