axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nelson Minar <nel...@monkey.org>
Subject overriding exception mapping for all methods?
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:53:35 GMT
Is there a way in Axis 1.1 to override Axis' exception handling
mechanism? Basically I'd like to override AxisFault.makeFault() or the
thing that calls it after invoking my code. But I can't find the way
to override it.

Right now I'm doing this inside every method:

  public Foo myServiceMethod() throws Exception {
    try {
    } catch (Exception e) {
      throw Utils.convertException(e);
    }
  }

This is a nuisance; I'd rather do this in a handler or as part of the
deployment. Of course in many cases I already have service specific
logic to deal with exceptions, but in the few places where a stray
IOException or the like comes through I'd like to have more control
over what Axis does with it.