axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: client-config.wsdd
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 04:37:59 GMT
Hi Richard!

> I'm having trouble getting AXIS to notice that I have a
> client-config.wsdd on the classpath that specifies a number of client
> side handlers. The file's location is alleady declared on the classpath
> and it doesn't work - is there anything else that I need to do? Is there
> a better way of specifying the location of this file?

Axis looks for client-config.wsdd in two places:

1) The current directory of the process

2) The classpath, in package org/apache/axis/client

Therefore if you put it at the root of your classpath, it won't find it
(that's a common mistake, and perhaps we should have it look there too).  If
it's in the directory from which you run your program, though, it should
find it just fine, likewise if it's in the right package on your classpath
(which is why the version in axis.jar gets picked up if it can't find
another one).  We could also add some kind of debugging option to print the
location of the client-config.wsdd which was found by a running client....

Regards,
--Glen