axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Harald Pollak <h.pol...@pke.at>
Subject Re: Remote Access Rejected
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:11:48 GMT
from the documentation:

Remote Administration
Note that by default, the Axis server is configured to only accept
administration requests from the machine on which it resides - if you
wish to enable remote administration, you must set the
"enableRemoteAdmin" property of the AdminService to true. To do this,
find the "server-config.wsdd" file in your webapp's WEB-INF directory.
In it, you'll see a deployment for the AdminService. Add an option as
follows:

<service name="AdminService" provider="java:MSG">
  <parameter name="className" value="org.apache.axis.util.Admin"/>
  <parameter name="enableRemoteAdmin" value="true"/></service>

WARNING: enabling remote administration may give unauthorized parties
access to your machine. If you do this, please make sure to add security
to your configuration!

Have you done this?
Harry